Variable Trimmer HT-1000V
The Horizon HT-1000V three-knife trimmer achieves zero make-ready on book trim size and thickness changes. Well suited for shortrun production, and book of one production can also be achieved through barcode driven set-up.
- Automated set-up – The HT-1000V is set-up automatically on the fly by reading a barcode at the entrance of the trimmer. The system also is capable of automatic set-up from the operator panel for same size production runs.
- Variable size trimming – One-to-one book production with variable sizes can be produced. Both untrimmed and trimmed sizes can be variable for true variable format production.
- In-line Production – The HT-1000V can be placed in-line with Horizon perfect binders to maximize finishing automation and minimize human operation error.
- High Speed Operation – Maximum cycle speed of the HT-1000V is 1,000 books / hr.
For example, A4 to A5 alternating sequence (book of one production) can be *950 books / hr.
(* Production speed depends on book condition and preparation of untrimmed books.)
- JDF Workflow – The HT-1000V can be connected with the Horizon pXnet JDF workflow for finishing production efficiency and management.
|Untrimmed Book Size||Max. Spine Length 350 x Fore-edge Length 320 mm/ 13.780” x 12.600”
Limitation: The maximum length from the center to top or bottom is 175 mm/ 6.889”.
Min. Spine Length 148 x Fore-edge Length 105 mm/ 5.825” x 4.130”
Limitation: The minimum length from the center to top or bottom is 74 mm/ 2.91”.
|Trim Width||Fore-edge: Max. 110 mm/ 4.330” Min. 1 mm/ 0.04”
Top and bottom: Max. 80 mm/ 3.150” Min. 1 mm/ 0.04”
|Trim Height||1 to 65 mm/ 0.04” to 2.560”|
|Production Speed||400 to 1,000 cycles per hour (Higher production can be reached withpiled books.)
In case of the following trimmed condition, the production speed can reaches to 1,000 cycles per hour.
– Constant untrimmed size to constant fi nished size
– Constant untrimmed size to A4/letter size through A5/half letter fi nished size